Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011: Year in Review

No one likes these posts, but everyone must do one in order to happily segue into the next year. Mine's a little late, but I've been thinking about it for quite a few weeks now. It's always a good chance to reflect on the things that have changed and how far we came in just 365 short days. Here's what the Harrisons have done since last January:

January
We were living with Dad Harrison on the Big Island. Adam was working construction and I was reading a book every 3 days, taking lots of pictures, and volunteering at an animal shelter.



February
We were traveling gypsies, and went to live with my sister-in-law. Adam helped them re-do their backyard, I played with the kids, and Noelani grew a baby boy. Adam turned 25.



March
I turned 21.


We went from Salt Lake City to Minnesota in this beast:




And then we moved, officially, to Maryland.


April


I spent the month in Europe. I missed Adam, and he missed me. He started his first "real" job.



May


We got ourselves a puppy.


June


I started my new job as a nanny to two boys, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2. One of the most intense jobs I've ever had.


July


We said good-bye to our nephew. We flew out to California and loved being with family. Once Jonathan reached Heaven, he high-fived our son and said, "Don't worry, I got this covered." Jonathan convinced us that it was our time to start having kids.



August 
I got pregnant.



September


We celebrated our two-year anniversary, and lovely morning sickness gave me a pretty darn good excuse to quit my job.


October


I spent the majority of the month lounging on the couch, eating Saltine crackers and rotting my teeth with Sprite. We took a weekend trip to New York City.


November 


I wrote 50 thousands words of a novel for Nanowrimo. My mom flew out for a week. Heather joined us for Thanksgiving dinner.


December


Robyn visited for 5 days. We found out we're having a boy. We visited PA, Niagra Falls, and Palmyra.


2 comments:

  1. i secretly like these new year's posts. you had an amazing year! so happy for you guys. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also love that you took a month trip without your husband. so many couples would not be down with that. just love you two. :)

    ReplyDelete