Saturday, September 10, 2011

Two Years.

I'm posting this a bit late, but that's just because we have had so much fun celebrating our
TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY
on September 5!!!

We went down to DC and saw the sites you're supposed to see:
Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Natural History Museum, walked past the White House, ate an expensive hot dog --- I was already tired at that point!








And while I was admiring the dinosaurs....

Adam was busy growing a pair of antlers.


Two years. My BEST two years. I've never been happier than I am now, and have been in the past two years. I'm not saying it was all easy, (do we really need to go there again?), but it definitely has been MORE than worth it. The rewards of marriage FAR FAR FAR outweigh any of the obstacles we have to go through together. 

He is my best friend, and rightfully so. He has earned that title, far and square. He knows my deeeepest darkest secrets. He knows my every breakdown, rational or not. He knows what makes me laugh, and uses that to his advantage daily. He understands, and even goes along with, my strange Seely sense of humor. He knows my pet peeves, my favorite kind of ice cream, and that I don't like mushrooms or onions. He has worked hard and spent the time and love to know me - I mean really know me. And that doesn't scare me. In fact, when I am not with him, I wish I was. I'd rather hang out with him than anyone else -- even though I see him everyday (except when I'm in Europe for a month...yeah that was a bit difficult). We are perfect fits for each other - we are so much alike, but our differences are  balancing acts to our imperfect, ever-changing and shifting life and marriage. I love him. And he loves me. It doesn't get much better than that. 



2011:
Compared to 2010:

Think we've changed?
Perhaps, but only for the better <3

4 comments:

  1. awww, you guys are so cute. Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for marriage! :) Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. two years!?!? i still remember the night he proposed! so epic. congratulations to a much deserving couple :)

    ReplyDelete