Friday, January 7, 2011

The In-Between Life

For awhile there I felt like I was living 
The Graduated Life.
You know, sleeping in past 10, reading each and every book I ever wanted to in the past 2 1/2 years that I didn't have time for, swimming in the ocean that's been calling my name for the past 2 1/2 years as well,
spending time with family, eating candy and not caring (though I pretty much do that all the time anyway), starting to plan for my trip to Europe, etc, etc, etc.
But now...
it's feels only like the waiting period. For whatever's next. Hoping and praying its a job!
Back of my head-ing it's more living with in-laws. 

However, on the plus side,
Adam started a temporary job working construction for a good friend of the family,
and since the construction site was  1 hr + from Adam's dad's house,
he offered to let us stay in their studio apartment to the side of their house.
It's been a blessing to have a place of our own again, one that's a bit more light and airy and roomy.
Unfortunately, the moldiness of it all is making us both sick.
So I'm working on that one today.

While Adam works all day,
I have recently begun to volunteer at the Humane Society.
I love it so far - I get all the cuddle time I could ever want 
(short of nighttime cuddles, which will come...oh, it's coming. And until then I still have Adam :)
Perhaps I'm still enjoying it because I haven't yet come to the day where I show up and one of them is gone -
and I"m not allowed to ask if he was adopted or not.
Sigh. It comes with the territory, I suppose.
But yesterday I played with 2 puppies and got 6 big scratches
Walked 3 dogs and watched the last one get reunited with its lost and found owner
and snuggled 8 kitties and witnessed one of them get adopted.
At least I'm staying busy!

Also, reading John Green. 
In-Between or not, we are still enjoying the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment