Friday, July 1, 2011

One week.

I've been putting off writing this post, as I'm not sure how to turn my feelings into words.
Truth is sometimes more complicated than we think.

We lost our baby nephew yesterday.
He passed away in his mommy's arms a few minutes after turning extactly one week old.
One week.

That's all the time he had on this earth.
That's all the time he needed.
He accomplished more in that week --
He brought more people to prayer, their families, and Christ
in those 7 days
than I ever will in my entire lifetime.

What a privilege, honor, and blessing it was to have known him for this short time.
I watched him all. day. long. yesterday.
I carried my computer from room to room, wanting him to be with me for as long as he could.
I knew his time was short.

I cannot wait for the day when I will meet him in person and share with him a long-awaited hug.
I will never forget the impact he had on my heart.
Such a tiny boy with such a large mission.
Such a righteous family to have him be a part of it.
Such a loving Heavenly Father we have --
to provide peace and comfort in this difficult situation,
to provide a promise of eternal families and reunion after death,
to provide us with this chance to know baby Jonathan.


I love you Jonathan Kunoa Dauphinee.
I'm so lucky to be your Aunty Meghan.
I can't wait to see what your mission is on the other side <3


*Adam and I will be flying to California on July 8th to attend his funeral on July 9th. Adam will return on Tuesday evening, and I have yet to purchase my ticket back home. Continued prayers for the comfort of the Dauphinee family is so much appreciated and needed.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Meghan for your sweet words of love and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me cry.
    I love you all. Thoughts and prayers still with you and J's parents and other family.
    <3
    -Robby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Meghan, I wish I could just hug you. You have such a way with words and your faith is amazing. Thanks for sharing your nephews short journey here on earth with us so that we could be reminded of what is truly important in life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Meghan. Love to you and Adam- Christina Judd

    ReplyDelete