Thursday, January 5, 2012

December of Craziness

The Holidays were so fun. We were busy and it was grand.
(If you are friends with me on Facebook, you may have already seen some of these photos. But if you stick with me you'll get the narrated version straight from me!)

December 17-22: My bestie from high school, Robyn, visited. We had a trio reunion with Heather. I sure love my best friends.






Then Robyn and I walked TEN MILES one day touring all of DC. We saw Lincoln, Washington, WW II, Library of Congress, US Supreme Court, the Capitol, the Archives, Arlington Cemetery, and the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial. ALL IN ONE DAY. My poor pregnant body barely made it, but Robby was patient with me :)



It's a good thing she kept me so busy, because the next day was my ultrasound and we found out we're having a boy (less "found out," and more "our suspicions were confirmed").

Then the following day we went BACK to DC and hit up Jefferson Memorial, Holocaust Museum, History Museum, and Georgetown for Georgetown Cupcakes (HEAVEN!!!)



December 23: Dad, Sheri, and my brother flew out to Baltimore
December 24: Heavily medicate our dog, and the six of us are off on a 5  hour drive to Pennsylvania!
December 24-27: In Ulysses, PA with our great Aunt and Uncle, Nan and Claude.




Kaleo LOVED it there. He would just run around with his tongue stuck to the ground, lapping up the snow everywhere he went. He would sleep in front of the door so he could go outside anytime it was opened. He was definitely meant for a country life, this dog, and hopefully one day we can give it to him (even if it is when he is old and gray).

December 28-30: In Niagra Falls, Canada




Preggo Meggo! 21 weeks.

December 31: Palmyra, New York. One last night with Nan and Claude

Hill Cumorah

Smith Family Farm


I'm always on this side of Adam!

Sacred Grove.


On the way back to Nan and Claude's we made a detour at Watkins Glen State Park - so glad we did. It was gorgeous!

January 1: On our way back home!

It's been a busy last 6 weeks - Which has really made my pregnancy go by fast. I don't have quite as much to keep me busy the next four months, but here's my countdown list:
-Jan 10: Dad's birthday
-Feb 14: Valentine's
-Feb 22: Adam's 26th birthday
-March 6: My birthday!
-April 8: Easter
-April 25: Mom's birthday
-May 3-10: Possible due dates

4 comments:

  1. looks like a nice holiday for you adventurers. BOY BOY BOY BOY!!! love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a lovely and full December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that just means you'll have plenty of time for working on your novel! Have I mentioned NaNoEdMo? :)
    Thanks for the updates! Even though I technically see you at church every Sunday-ish, it seems like it's been a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gray hat. It's so cute. It looks like you had lots of fun. I need to do a blog like this. The blogging world must think i'm dead. haha! Congrats on the little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete