Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Stuff (What else?)

Item of Business Number One

I'm 23 weeks today ---

And because *someone* said I need to stop posting cute pregnant pictures and take a just-rolled-out-of-bed-no-make-up-or-hair-done picture instead.....




I did just that.
I'm still so tired that I don't even want to smile.
Ah, Adam. What a lucky man. pshhh.... 


Is that better? :)


How far along? 23 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 18 pounds

Maternity clothes? I don't have too many maternity clothes, actually. So I'm making do with what I have, sporting the Belly Band, and wearing sweats. 

Stretch marks? No, I don't have stretch "marks," but I've been having stretch "pains" - If I sit down and slouch for too long, I feel my stomach just pulling on itself, and it feels so heavy and tight.

Sleep: I've been trying not to sleep quite as much as I did during the first trimester (which was like, 11 hours a night), so now I make sure I am out of bed before 8:30. Some mornings that is harder than other days.

Best moment this week: Adam felt Baby Boy move. It was about 6 in the morning, and we were snuggling before he had to get up and get ready for work. I said, "Give me your hand." And I put it on my belly and Baby shifted just then. Adam gave a Surprised "Huh!" So cool.

Miss Anything? I was looking at a pair of undies I used to fit in, but have since put into the bottom drawer until they fit again. They looked soooo small to me. If ever I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I will never again call myself fat or big.

Movement: Yes! And I'm starting to know when to predict it, too. Afternoons, from noon to three are busy times, usually.

Food cravings: Milk and cereal.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not more than normal.

Have you started to show yet:  Yes. It's so fun.

Gender: BOY BOY BOY

Labor Signs:
 Nope.

Belly Button in or out? 
It's still at that halfway-in-between point, but what has happened, is this: Because my belly is stretching out, the top lip of my belly button kind of ridges out, which makes it look like my belly button is outie, though it's definitely not. I want to tell people that who point it out, but they just wouldn't understand. So I just go along with it.

Wedding rings on or off? On. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: My next ultrasound to see how much he's grown. Starting birthing classes. Switching to a midwife! 


Item of Business Number Two


I've been eyeing this old shirt of Adam's for awhile now. I love the stripes, but it doesn't fit him anymore, and it looked pretty nasty on me.



So, I decided to fix it up. I took out the collar, shorted (what?) cut the sleeves, and added side-ruching (because a maternity shirt isn't maternity without the ruche, right?)

I used this tutorial to guide me, and here's how it turned out:




And then I got my pretty pregnant picture, after all :)

I love my new shirt!

Item of Business Number Three


I made a baby registry.

I wasn't going to. In fact, I was kind of against baby registries for awhile. But then my Dad said he wanted to buy me something for the baby, and that I should let him know. I didn't want to just say, "Here, get me this. The most expensive item we need." So I thought I would just send him a few links to different things I needed, all in different price ranges, so he could choose what he wanted to get me. And then I thought "Well if my daddy-o wants to get Baby something, maybe other members of my family do, too? Or friends? Who knows who wants to get The Cutest Baby That Will Ever Be Born something?"

So I concluded a baby registry would be the most organized, simple, and non-confrontational way of doing things. Plus, it was fun. Tons and tons of work, though, too. I researched EVERYTHING - to the core and more - and it took me three days to finish.

Plus, if no one gets me anything, I'll still be happy. Because then I know exactly what I need to get baby, and it will be easy-peezy.

You want to see it, don't you? Ok I'll let you.
I didn't add many clothes because I know I have some hand-me-down stuffs coming soon, and I will decide from there what more I need.
Anywho, check it out. Just because baby stuff is cute.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=baby&id=3VML8F3EXZJUD

Clickety-click!

3 comments:

  1. I'm incredibly jealous of your ability to look at that shirt and then turn it into something completely cute. :) How do you even add a side ruche? haha. Anyway it looks like you guys have had a full year and are starting the new year off fuller than ever :) Best of luck to the both of you. (And you look cute even in your "just-rolled-out-of-bed-no-make-up-or-hair-done" picture...granted not as cute as usual, but still cute) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely radiant. I love these updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tummy looks so much bigger than last time i checked your blog! Our little one Daylan is 4 month old now, and we are still using the disposable diapers that friends and families gave us from the baby showers. We are planning to cloth diaper Daylan too, but we have to finish the disposables first.
    Make sure that you get the "snappies"for your cloth diapers, personally I think they are THE BEST substitute for the pins. (Check out the bummis diaper spray too, they spray doodoo off the diaper so well).Oh, really wash those diapers for 5-8 times before you start using them. One last thing, check your washing machine (HE/ front loaded, etc.)and find a matching laundry detergent that you will use for washing your cloth diapers :)

    ReplyDelete