Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 - A Review.

This year was unlike any other. This year I became a Mom, did things I didn't know I could do, started from the ground up with a bruised and beaten body and worked my way towards a strong, healthy, new me. A new normal. A new life, one that is filled with hugs and kisses from the two cutest boys I know. Here's what 2012 brought for me.

January - To recover from my wild adventures with Robby, I did a lot of Friends-watching, reading, sewing, and growing a baby.



February - We celebrated Adam's 26th birthday by going bowling (the ball was the same size as my belly). I learned to handle other people's rude comments in the most mature way possible: by bashing them on my blog. I wrote about using Hypnobirthing for labor, and the spiritual experience I hoped it would be.



March - March was a busy one. We celebrated my 22nd birthday



I planned and successfully executed my first bridal shower for my best friend.




We went to a wedding and pretended there wasn't a ginormous watermelon between us as we jived to the music.




And, lastly, I kissed my ankles goodbye.



April - I learned firsthand that pregnancy brain is real. I was given the most beautiful baby shower and one of the most meaningful gifts I've ever received. 






May - I spent the longest 17 days of my life in the month of May, waiting for Axton to arrive. Mom flew in and kept me company and kept me laughing, which I really needed when everyone else around me was having their babies even though "I WAS DUE FIRST!"  I was exactly 41 weeks when he decided to come.


This is me the day before I went into labor. HUGE. Click to read my labor and delivery stories.



June - The first four weeks after Axton was born are pretty much a hazy blur in my mind. There was a lot of snuggling, a lot of napping, a lot of crying, a lot of adjusting, and a butt-ton of love. 



Adam's mom visited at the end of June, and I was glad for her help and company (she let me sleep in in the mornings!)




We went camping and swam in the lake.




Adam gave Axton a baby blessing.



July - We celebrated the fourth of July with Adam's cousin, ate good food and watched fireworks. 

Even now, I can't look at this picture and not think, "I made him??"

My 10-week-old baby and I flew out to Idaho for my best friend's wedding. I reunited with old high school friends.




Axton got to meet Great-Grams Wyatt....


And Grandpa Seely.


August - Adam's dad and wife came out to visit us. We went to Hershey Park and down to DC. 





September - Adam and I celebrated our three year anniversary. 


We went to Rehoboth Beach and, while it wasn't Hawaii, rejoiced and reveled in the beauty of an ocean. 


October - I entered Axton in his first (and probably last) photo contest. We lost (an honorable second place) but man was it fun getting about 300 votes in an hour at 11 o'clock at night.



 I started to feel like myself again, after 6 months of postpartum recovery. I lost a total of 70 pounds in 7 months. 


We celebrated our first Halloween as Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit. Oh, and a pumpkin.



November - I wrote 50k words towards a YA novel as part of Nanowrimo


I flew to Minnesota while Adam was on a business trip. 



Then we drove to Pennsylvania and spent Thanksgiving with my Aunt Nan and Uncle Claude. Kaleo astonished us all by overcoming his carsickness. 


Adam tried to grow a beard. Or a mustache. Or something..

  The little stinker turned 6 months old.


December - We took family pictures.


We flew to Arizona to spend Christmas with all of Adam's siblings. 





 




In other, sadder news, Adam's grandma passed away Christmas Eve. We were able to say good bye to her at the hospital a few days before she died. 

Another amazing year has come and gone! It's been a roller-coaster, but we feel blessed. Bring it on, '13!

No comments:

Post a Comment