Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Full.

I am so completely and utterly full today.
My belly is big and swollen and full of baby.
I am full term in two days. I never thought I would even make it that far, and yet these next three weeks seem like I will be an old lady before they arrive.
My ankles are full of puffiness - water, blood, and this heat is NOT helping.

My heart is full.
This post made me cry and cry just now. How wonderful little boys are! How happy they make Mommy's! And I get one....I get one of my very.own. so soon.

I'm full of absolute gratitude and awe, and have been ever since my baby shower, of the love people showed to me. My Primary president, Cindy, does amazing work when it comes to throwing parties.
When she first told me she wanted to throw me my baby shower I was so shocked - I honestly wasn't expecting one, since my family is far away. Yes, yes I would love one!

 .....A theme? Um....I don't know. I don't know what he will be like yet. How can I tell you what he will like? How can I even guess?

Will he be like Grandpa and love cars and trucks and tractors and make big noises and crash things into each other?
Or will he be a sports fanatic, like Uncle, picking up a ball and throwing and kicking and running so fast the wind can't even catch him?
Maybe he will take after Daddy and want to take things apart and put them back together again, making them better than they were in the first place. Maybe he will paint me pictures and know colors better than numbers.
Or perhaps he will love to read like Mommy, and he'll want to know letters and words as soon as he recognizes their existence.


I cannot even begin to imagine who this boy will be.

So. We chose airplanes - so he can fly as high as he can in an endless blue sky with limitless possibilities. So he can touch the clouds and be my sunshine, shining on me wherever he goes in this life.

Cindy took the "airplanes" theme and ran with it. It was such a fun party.



Airline Food:





Baby Boy got adorable outfits that I just can't waiiiiit to put him in. And lots of necessities (cloth diapers, wipes, etc.).

 My little Tony the Tiger  

Homemade squeaking watermelon from Jeanna! :)

This is just the clothes he received!

I was blown away by people's kindness. So many gave their time and money and talents just to help our little family starting out. They wrote letters to our son, telling him how lucky he is to be coming to Adam and I, and that if he listens to us, he will be happy and we will lead him in righteousness. Such faith and trust they have in me --- and yet it still pales in comparison to the trust Heavenly Father must have in us. 

And even I got something special.
In fact, it was one of the most special gifts I've ever received.

My dear friend Jeanna sent letters to family and close friends who lived far away and wouldn't be able to participate in my baby shower. They sent back a charm, a photo, and a letter for me.
I cried as I opened the gift in front of the women who were not my family but supported me as such.
I cried as I opened a photo album with the photos and letters, turning each page and feeling the absolute love and faith they all had for me.



I cried as I looked at each charm, each one as unique and different as the person who sent it. Some of them I could guess who they were from right away.




At the front of the album Jeanna wrote:

"Beside me stands the testimony of all these other women who love you and think you're incredible. As their messages trickles into my home, I felt the strength of their love, support, and belief in you ... I hope this gift reminds you of our faith in you when yours is lacking."

My eyes feel with tears again, just typing that. How blessed I am to know there is an entire wealth of encouragement, far and near, when my own fails me!

I have already packed the album in my "Hospital Bag" (Birth Center bag?), and I sleep with the bracelette next to me on my nightstand. Every night I re-examine every charm and think of the person who sent me that one, and what it means. I sincerely feel ready now.

He could come any day - He will come one day. One day not too far away, and I am ready.

3 comments:

  1. And now you're making me cry too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I read your last sentence as true for the Savior too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post gave me chills. :) so so so so soon! love the airplane idea and love you! motherhood here you come!

    ReplyDelete