Friday, September 7, 2012

3 years

The past year of marriage has been a bit different from the previous two. This year, I was pregnant. This year, I gave birth. This year...we became parents.

Pregnancy did things to me that, frankly, weren't pretty. Some things were just downright ugly. And the weeks following delivery? They were far, far worse.

But Adam held my hand through it all, every step of the way. Not only that, but I don't think he missed one. single. day. of telling me how beautiful I am. He thought my round, pregnant body was sexy. Held me while I cried over nothing. Made me laugh when that was the last thing I felt like doing. Cheered me on in my very weakest moment - and assured me that, yes, I really did have the strength to push Axton out in the those last unsure hours of labor. Swung my legs over the side of the bed when I could no longer do it myself (both before and after delivery). Simply put, he loved me. All of me. Outside, inside, good, bad, ugly, sad. It did not matter. Nothing changed in our relationship - except for, it did. It strengthened.

Everything we experience together - and there have been a lot of new experiences this past year - just brings us closer and makes us that much happier that we chose each other. And that we continue to choose each other. We choose us. Always and forever.




Adam, you're my favorite.

1 year.
2 years.

4 comments:

  1. You two are my favorite! :) Happy anniversary. Love you two to death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love. thanks for sharing. also, your hair is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy late anniversary! i adore love stories! congrats on your new favorite year, they will keep coming :)

    ReplyDelete