Friday, August 26, 2011

My Life as a Mormon: A New Series

The other day I was reading a young mother's blog -
I assumed she was Mormon, though she never outwardly stated she was.
She posed a question to her many readers -
"What would you guys like me to write about on this blog of mine?"
Most gave casual answers, but one woman's shook me up.
"I'd like to know more about your religion. It sounds interesting."

And then I remembered, 
And I haven't done too good of a job of keeping at that.

So.
I've decided that once a week or so, 
I'm going to highlight an aspect of the Mormon culture, beliefs, doctrine, or history.
I really don't know who all reads my blog, and if they know enough, the right things, or anything at all about what it means to be a Latter-day Saint. I have many friends and family members who are not the same religion as me, and I think they might appreciate learning more about us Mormons.

Mostly, this "series" of posts will be my personal testimony of different aspects of Mormon doctrine, backed up with scriptures and/or teachings from prophets.

Comments will be welcome -
But please no hateful, critical, nasty, rude, or anything of that manner
If ever I'm wrong about something, I'll appreciate 
helpful, respectful, and tactful feedback.
If ever I say something that intrigues you, or you want to know more about,
I'll love thoughtful, honest inquisitions.


With all that being said....
where do I start?
For those of you who are Mormon, what are some good topics to discuss with the world wide web, or a single person, wanting to know the truth?

For those of you who are not Mormon, what do you want to know about us and our religion?

2 comments:

  1. Start where we all start: We are children of God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second danica- our divine nature. It's the first lesson in the Preach my Gospel book- "our Loving Heavenly Father".

    ReplyDelete