Thursday, August 4, 2011

Book Review: For Women Only

For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of MenFor Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I got this book for my wedding almost two years ago (and Adam the "male" counterpart), and I'm only just now reading it. I feel like since we've been out of college and in the "real" world, our stresses and experiences and situations have a been a bit more "real" and "typical" marriage ones. So I thought I would pull this book down and see how the "experts" handle men.
Turns out, the experts were men - real men surveyed and interviewed by this woman - who is not a psychologist or relationship counselor, but a newspaper columnist.
Also turns out, she is writing from a Christian viewpoint, so it's not a worldly approach to marriage, either.

I enjoyed the read - if only for pleasant, non-confrontational reminders of how I should be treating my husband - simply because he is not just Adam, he is a man and his mind ticks in certain ways. That being said, I felt a lot of it was just that - Reminders of things I already knew. I didn't learn too much new or astounding information - but I can see why some women would. Some women probably need this book more than others, and you won't know if you're one of them until you read it. It's worth the effort, at least

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment