Friday, November 13, 2009

For starters...


Adam and I are pretty new to this blogging thing....I do have one other blog, but it is just for my photography; it's not personal.

We got called to be ward missionaries, and since we are in a BYU student ward, the outlook for missionary work isn't so bright. One of our goals is to have our members become more active online, so that when people search Mormons, they will be met with people who actually know what they are talking about. I want to encourage those of you who are investigating the church to please make sure your sources are reliable when it comes to finding out about the Mormons. For those of you who are members, don't be embarrassed to discuss your religion on your blogs. People do read them - you never know who's life you could influence.

I also want this to be a personal blog as well - I will keep my family and friends updated with all the goings-on in our newlywed lives. Facebook is almost getting old, so I thought I would quick! Get on to the next fad: Blogging!!!

The newest news for us is that we put up our Christm
as tree already!!!! I know, I know, some of you are "pre-thanksgiving" haters, but here in Hawaii, we have to enjoy the holidays to the max. There is no snow, no changing of seasons - you really have to exaggerate Christmas to get in the spirit. So that's what we did. We played Christmas music, unfolded our Wal-Mart tree,



hung ornaments, and plugged in our lights. We brought out the stockings and I even wrapped a



few of Adam's presents! It makes our home so cozy comfy and I just love it. We keep the lights on all night.




I am also starting some studio work....here is my first try. (:



So, the whole reason I procrastinated my homework to start this is because in my online class, Fitness for Living, I am on the "Mind Body Spirit" Chapter, and I wanted to share a few thoughts from it:

"And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? And why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet" (Luke 24:36-40).

"The body and the spirit are divine and sacred. Spirit is matter, as is the mind, since the mind is part of the spirit. In mortality, all aspects of our being dwell together as a unified whole, all composed of matter, body mind spirit. We are created in the image of God, who also has a body of flesh and bones. Matter is good; the body is a complement to the spirit. The spirit is matter more refined and thus is not so different from the body. The spirit and body are actually quite alike."

Reading about this has made me more appreciative of my physical body, as it is just as sacred as my spirit. Treat your bodies kindly- they will follow us into the next life. Resurrected and Perfect, yes; love your body now and you will love your body in heaven. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ; I know He is my Savior spiritually and physically - He has overcome all sins, as well as death itself, so we could too.

Much love from the Harrisons


2 comments:

  1. http://www.moregoodfoundation.org/

    The man who started this is one of my heroes:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Neeleman

    He also happens to be the founder of Jet Blue.

    This is what we talked about all during our Boston Conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Elder Ballard was our inspiration!

    ReplyDelete