Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Lists

I LOVE keeping lists. I find random lists in random places of random things - around my house, in the car, in my purse, in the bathroom, on my phone, on word documents, in my emails sent to myself. Yeah, it's that bad. Sometimes I make lists of all the lists I have. And they're not even like, lists of things to do (at least, not always). Here's some of the lists I've got going on right now:

Guilty Pleasures:
-ABC's Wipeout. Whenever Adam or I are having a really crappy day, all the other one has to say is: It's that time, America!
- Stalking baby/mama blogs (such as this one and this one) (Thanks Heather...)
- Adam's chocolate peanut butter shakes. I could have one everyday of my life and be fat, but happy.

I have irrational fears of:
- Not flushing the toilet. Whenever anyone asks if they can use my bathroom, or go into the bathroom right after me, I have this panic attack that I forgot to flush the toilet and they are going to be sooo grossed out by me. Nobody's ever said anything, though....
- My alarm clock not going off. I feel like I'm not the only one with this one. Who else wakes up 5 billion times in the middle of the night to check their clock when they have something important to be at the next morning? One time, a friend's mother (who is very spiritual) told me she just prays to be woken up at a certain time and she doesn't even need an alarm clock! So I tried it that night --- yeah, didn't work. Like, at all. I must not have enough faith yet!
- Something hiding under the bed. Especially at my Dad's house, which is legit haunted. I worry for my ankles - like they are going to get grabbed if I stand too long next to the bed. So I usually jump onto my bed from a far distance, or scurry over there quick.
-Parenting. Either I'll be really bad at it or really bored with it. That's what I fear anyway, though they both are probably far from the truth.

I reallllllly should:
-Wear more deodorant. I have never stunk this bad and this often as I have since moving to Maryland. Like, wayyy worse than Hawaii.
-Write a novel. Yeah, slowly working on that one.
-Be more observant of what goes in Kaleo's mouth (ie, no more dryer sheets he has to puke up in order to not choke himself to death, puzzle pieces, onions, or Adam's toxic heatsink compound for his computer gadgets. It's a miracle this dog is still alive)


I'll never get sick of:
-Alanis Morisette. When people (as in, two) tell me I sound like her when I sing, I float around on cloud 9, belting out Hands in my Pockets for the next week. But really, my two favorite songs in the entire world? The lyrics of both are probably the deepest thoughts/desires of every woman in the world.

4 comments:

  1. the part about the dryer sheets made me lol. plus i'm kind of in love with you and wish we live on the same street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally watch wipeout too. Only once in a while though, when i'm so tired or so pathetic that the only way I can laugh is watching people eat it! I love you! And now I love Alanis Morisette too. I have never heard of her. But her voice and lyrics make me sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before my mission I hated lists. My mom would make one for just about anything. She would always have a to-do list and I would always give her a hard time. Now? I have a to-do list app on my phone, plus my calendar on my phone which is the only way I keep things straight, I also now have a sticky note on my bed of goals I've set and I don't know how many sticky note lists I've made since getting home. So, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Reading this made me want to make more random lists so I can learn more about me and can give better answers to questions like what do you do in your spare time or talents/interests/hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. believe it or not i totally have the same fear about things under the bed, but it's not just one bed for me. it's any bed that's raised so much as a centimeter off the ground. i understand it's completely irrational....but i still jump into bed...literally. ;)

    ReplyDelete