Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Review: What Happened to Goodbye

What Happened to GoodbyeWhat Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a big Sarah Dessen fan, and I was pretty excited for this one. And it did live up to most of its expectations. The whole time I was reading it, I was planning on giving it 5 stars! But, something shifted in the last 10-20 pages. Maybe it was the tone, or the mood, or I just plain didn't like the outcome. I had this idea in my mind of how it should end and when it didn't mesh with what actually happened, I kind of closed the book a little disappointed. How sad! To love a book all the way up to the end!

This one hit very near home for me on several different levels - parents divorce, finding yourself, pretending to be someone you're not, living with different parents, etc. I was quite emotional through one part of it - it was kind of therapeutic for me, actually.

For someone just getting into Dessen novels, I would totally recommend reading them in the order that she wrote them. That's pretty much what I have done and its a great way to really get a feel for her. Will always love her, and most likely will reread all of her books one day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment