Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fall-ing

I'm falling in love.
...with Fall.

These days,
I can tell when we've accidentally slept in because "it is muuuch too light out for it to be 6am"

The weather is getting cooler.
Leaves are dancing across the street, the sidewalk, the yard, my heart.

The beginning of Fall has never been so absolutely beautiful in my life.

Change has never been so obviously stunning and welcome and magnificent. 

In Hawaii, the only thing that marked the passage of time was the starting and ending of a semester or a term.
Nothing internal or external told me that it was Halloween or Christmas or my birthday - 
Doing the same thing everyday - with the same weather everyday - 
made me feel like I was stuck in Groundhog Day.

Now, I still have my daily routine:
Wake
Walk
Feed
Drop off
Arrive
Dora
Breakfast
Park
Lunch
Nap
Book
Drive
Pick up
Dinner
Puzzle/read/photos
Bed.
and it starts over...

But I still feel like I'm actually getting somewhere - actually progressing in this thing called life,
because all around me I feel the effects of the world turning. 
The world turns ---
isn't that incredible?


And snow will fall and animals will sleep and Christmas cheer will ring and trees will be bare ---
but Spring! Spring will come.
and it's all just so glorious.
and I will try to remember that when I'm fweezing my ninnies off in the middle of February.


1 comment:

  1. I've decided I could live my life in a loop from late August to Mid January and I would be completely ok with that. I've had 11 years of summer, I need some Fall, and Winter in my life. I'm SO excited to move to somewhere where you can TELL it's a different season. Not just Hot and Wet. That's all hawaii's got ;) Glad to hear you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete