Saturday, June 11, 2011

Book Review: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

The Particular Sadness of Lemon CakeThe Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Such an odd little book.

I think I would learn to like it more if I had a class, professor, or a friend to discuss it with.

But it was just soooo strange.

What a neat idea for a book! And yet she did something so totally different than what I would have done, or what I was expecting. It was slow in places, and less about her ability to know people's emotions in their food, and more about her family life.

Its strangeness gave me the heeby-jeebies at times, making me feel all weird in my stomach. I can't explain it.

And that's why I can only give it 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment