Thursday, April 19, 2012

Full Term - Now taking bets!

Not that I'm a gambler.
Or a better (bet-ter? One who bets?)

But, if you give your guess as to when this Baby O' Ours is going to make his grand appearance, and you pick the closest date, I will do something awesome for you. I will sew you something cool, or perhaps make you something else crafty, or if you're nearby I might make you dessert or take you out to lunch if I really like you. I can't guarantee how soon after the baby comes you will get your prize, but get it you shall.

SO make your guesses, people! Just be glad I didn't make you guess the gender. Or his name.

And if it helps any, I got my first cervix exam yesterday. I'm 1 cm dilated (woohoo! 1/10 of the way there!) and 80% effaced (thanks to the lovely evening primrose oil I've been taking). And if you don't know what those numbers mean, well that's ok. Because they don't really matter. I still could go into labor today or 4 weeks from now.

Current guesses:
April 29 - Mom --- (I hope she wins. Just because it's the soonest date...)
May 1, Evening - Meghan
Late May 4/Early May 5 - Adam
May 6th, 8 am - Robyn



Ya, not the most flattering angle for the rest of me, but the point is to show how big my belly is, so I had to do what I had to do!


How far along? 37 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  51 pounds

Maternity clothes? Well, even those don't really fit anymore.


Stretch marks? How purple they are depends on the day - sometimes they are really light and barely noticable and other days they are in ma face.


Sleep: Same old, same old. Yada yada yada. I get sore, have to turn over, have to pee, you know the drill.


Best moment this week: I had a non-stress test today, which is where they hook you up to a belt and monitor the baby's heartbeat and any contractions you have. They want to make sure the baby's heartbeat accelerates when he moves, and then comes back down, just like ours does when we move or exercise. They also want to make sure he handles contractions ok. Well, I didn't think I was even having contractions, but I asked the nurse and she said, "You're having one right now." 
Oh.
That's what that is?
Good to know.
It was just really cool; I've been wondering for awhile now what they feel like. Though I'm sure they are very minor currently compared to what they will be. 


Miss Anything? My ankles.


Movement: He is still moving and I can feel his little bum up by my ribs a lot lately.

Food cravings: Chocolate. And fruit.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, not really.


Labor Signs:
 Well, my cervix is nice and soft apparently, but baby is still pretty high. Waiting for him to drop. As if it didn't already feel like he was about to fall out of me!


Belly Button in or out? Noticeably out.


Wedding rings on or off? Off. And now even Adam's ring doesn't fit!


Happy or Moody most of the time: About every other day it changes.

Looking forward to: Getting him out!!!

10 comments:

  1. congrats on your nice and soft cervix!! (i don't know what that means, but it sounds nice!) i will guess april 26. woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'm gonna feel like a curmudgeon if I mention my real guess. So I'll pretend I think he's coming before Mother's Day. (Sorry, but I can't help but think of all those statistics about first-time moms giving birth "late.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. May 14th is my guess! I pick the whole day because I cannot decide on a time :) eeeek Ben and I are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess May 5th...cinco de mayo!!! It's great that you're already a one! Sleep as much as you can now...I did practically nothing my last few weeks of pregnancy and I'm glad I did! Things are so different now I'm glad I took advantage of that time when I was still able :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is may 12th at 5:42am :) good luck deary! You'll be amazing! I so so wish I was gonna be there to be able to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm guessing May 7th- the whole day, cause I'm not sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom is here with me guessing May 8th. Love you and wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok i am gonna guess may 14th at o'dark thirty...you will labor on the 13th and he will bless us in the early morning hours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was teresa cox i just couldn't figure out how else to post :)

      Delete