Friday, December 24, 2010

Christ.Mas.

Now that I've got my whiny post out of the way,
I can focus on what Christmas really means...
Christ mas.
More Christ.


I know I need a bit more (ok, a LOT more)
Christ in my life.
And when I say "in my life," I mean in every sense of the word:
in my eyes - 
to learn to view everyone as a Child of God, and not judge them by first appearance
in my ears - 
to listen more carefully to the still small voice of the Holy Ghost, who prompts me in every decision
in my mouth - 
to only speak kindly of others, to open my mouth and be brave, or to keep it shut and be humble
in my touch - 
that my hands may be used to serve others, hug others, love others
yes, even in my nose -
that it may never wrinkle up in disgust at anything other than my own temptations to sin
and most especially
in my heart.

I pray for more Christ, and yet I know there is only one way to receive that:
through my own diligence!
Scriptures, kneeling in prayer, thinking of Him before all else.


Christ's gift to me - to us all - can never be repayed.
On this night, I give a renewed dedication of myself
if only to attempt at a gift to my Lord and Savior,
Jesus Christ, the creator of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment