Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

Here is our list of movies to watch before Christmas:
Grinch
Polar Express
Muppet Christmas Carol
Elf
Serendipity
Santa Clause
Miracle on 34th St
Mrs. Doubtfire
White Christmas
Family Man
Christmas Vacation
It's a Wonderful Life


If you think of anymore good ones, let us know! We are using our free Netflix trial during the week of Christmas so we are COVERED.

I have decided to change my major (again) (at least I'm staying in the general subject area) from English Education to English. This was such an easy switch that now I can graduate in one year!!!!!! When I put it down on paper, I couldn't believe how fast it was going to happen, and how possible it was. This means Adam and I will be graduating at the same time: December 17th, 2010. So mark your calendars if you want to come watch us! I am so excited about my switch...I was not looking forward to all of those education classes and don't even get me started on the application process or the politics of education! I feel so good about this decision.

Last week as I was getting ready for church, I asked Adam, "Is it bad that I don't really feel like going to church? And not because I don't want to learn about God, but..." and he said he had been feeling the same way lately. We both determined it was because we still felt like we weren't fully "accepted" into our ward. It was difficult to make new friends when the "cliques" were already settled. It was hard for us to separate during Relief Society and Priesthood because we were eachother's only friends at church! We decided to pray about together, and ask for our ward members to take us under their wings and fellowship us as new friends!We were our scriptures together last night in Jacob 3:1. It says,
"Look unto God with firmness of mind, and apray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will bconsole you in your cafflictions"
As I thought about the past week, I realized the Lord had done just that. He consoled us, as well as answered our prayers! We had been invited, and gone to, a family's house from our ward to watch a soccer game, socialize, and eat good food. Another member had invited us to "stop by anytime" to visit them, and yet another couple had invited us over for a Thanksgiving dinner if we hadn't already had plans. I was so grateful that the Lord had answered our prayers so promptly, and also grateful for reading that scripture so I could recognize it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment