Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 in review

I was pretty much a slacker when it came to blogging this year, but here are some exciting (and not so exciting) things I did write about during the year of 2013:

January was a rough month. We had just returned from our Christmas vacation in Arizona visiting family and I was a zombie. Axton wasn't sleeping and that meant neither was I.

In February we finally got Axton to sleep through the night! I also went sugar free this month.

In March I cut 9 inches off my hair. My dad came out to visit us and we went down to Williamsburg, VA for my birthday.

In April I photographed my first birth.

May brought me back to Special Beginnings, and the night I delivered my son. I wrote a letter to him, to wish him happy birthday.

I ran my very first half-marathon in June. Here was my play list. We went to NYC and had a blast.

The month of July I went completely vegan. I learned a lot and tried some new things, but never got around to blogging about it. Maybe I still will, because I have lots of thoughts on the topic.

In August I co-hosted my very first Harry Potter party, and in celebration, dyed my hair black so I could dress up as none other than Severus Snape.

September 5th we celebrated our 4th anniversary - oh! And also conceived our second son. So, there ya go. No post necessary.

In October we were affected by the government shutdown/furloughs and we learned how to press forward when things got tight....and how to graciously accept gifts and the kindness of others. We also learned we were pregnant and I freaked out just a tiny bit, even though it was all done on purpose.

In November, my dad and wife visited us for Thanksgiving and we took a trip to Mount Vernon. We ate the best ham and homemade berry pie ever.

We made the trek to Hawaii in December, and found out baby number two is a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment