Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sew Ugly.

I've been wanting to start sewing again ever since I graduated and had some free time.
When our stuff from Hawaii came last week, I was thrilled to break out my sewing machine (a Christmas present from Ma Harrison).

And, it went great. 

Despite the fact that...
-it took me 4 days, the manual, YouTube, and Adam to figure out how to thread it 

If I can just forget the fact that...
-I sewed a beautiful quilt 5 years ago and somehow have lost any ounce of "skill" I might have thought I had
(isn't this supposed to be like riding a bike? Com'on!)

How about I just ignore the fact that...
-Adam is a better sewer than I am
-The "super easy" pattern I picked out as my first re-introduction to sewing was meant to be hand-sewn
(I figured that out after I had already cut my 12 pentagons)
-It's puckered, it's clumpy, frumpy, and dumpy.
oh yeah. And ugly.

(this is its good side)

And then, I added this to really make things exciting:



I know, it doesn't look great at all. It looks like a disaster.
And, it was, until this....


Ugly or not, he loves it.
(And no I didn't just give up and say, "oh well, the dog can have it!"
It was meant to be a dog toy all along.)
Success!

1 comment:

  1. We love it! Glad you finally get a chance to sew. Thanks for sharing!!!:) :)

    ReplyDelete