Thursday, May 26, 2011

Changes!

(It is significant to me that this post happens to be the 100th!)

Just call me Nanny McMeg!

This Wednesday I will be starting a full-time job as a nanny. 

I will be working more hours than Adam.
I will be spending my days with 2 boys: 18 months and 30 months.

I will be getting up at 5am.

5.A.M.
Is that clear? 
I need to be held accountable.

Why 5am when my job doesn't start until 7:30?
Because I need time to stretch, meditate, read scriptures, write.

But mostly because I have a puppy who needs lots of exercise before he can be left alone for the whole day.

I've been walking him for 30-60 mins in the mornings. And today, my walk somehow, unbeknown (I love that word) to me, slipped into a jog
And it felt so good. So good that I'm going to continue running in the mornings, dragging Kaleo behind me the whole way. And heck, I might even start looking for small races (like, 5k .... or less) to motivate me.
I realize this is much easier said than done.

We all know that Google has all the answers. So when I typed in
How to get up at 5am everyday
I actually got some good answers, ideas, and inspiration.
And I'm potentially excited for this new venture of mine.



Along with running, I also want to start writing again, but my creativity is pretty much shot.
So I was excited when I stumbled upon
this article on recovering my creativity
I plan on following its advice as well
 (morning pages and the artist date)

This is a big deal. 
That's why I'm telling you.
So you can be excited with me!

2 comments:

  1. I AM EXCITED FOR YOU.
    I just read the whole article. I want to also do Morning pages. I already kind of do that for my journal, but this will be something different. Yes, I'll start that. I look forward to seeing how your creativity comes back <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So once my leg is healed I will start running again. Every morning. And then we will be doing it together <3 Also I'm excited that you're going to start writing again. Very. Oh and babies soon! 5 a.m. is a good time. Air is soo crisp then. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete