Thursday, May 27, 2010

Would I be Happy?

"What we insistently desire, over time, is what we will eventually become and what we will receive in eternity" (Elder Neil A. Maxwell).
I've been thinking lately, What are my sincerest desires?
My first reaction to that question is to travel and serve people around the world, 
photographing everything along the way
Seeing the jungles of South America, the Sahara and grass plains of Africa,
the temples of Thailand, the art and history in
England, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Germany ....
the whole. entire. world.
I want to see all there is to see...
But then I think, if I got that wish, and nothing else,
Would I be happy?
No.
So what I've found I truly desire is to have my own eternal family, raised in righteousness and loving the Lord
making their own covenants in the temple, eternal love between my husband and I, and our children.
If have just that, and nothing else,
Would I be happy?
Yes.
Inexpressibly so. 

I need to put that desire first, and all the other wishes of my heart will either 
melt away in comparison, 
or add to my already glorious happiness. 
What are the desires of your heart?

1 comment:

  1. True so so true! I love this! Glad we can be blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete