Thursday, May 20, 2010

Humility

Have you ever though to yourself when you see a beggar on the street
"The man has brought upon himself his misery;
I will not give my hand or my food, nor give him any of my substance -
He must suffer the consequences of his own actions"
I know I have. 
But God says
Aren't we all beggars?
Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have,
for our food, our homes, our money, for the remission of our sins
and for all the riches which we have of every kind?
Have we begged in vain? 


Never.


Then how I ought to impart of my substance to others.
(Mosiah 4:17-21...basically)

So humbled today when I read this. I do depend on Him - 
For. EVERYTHING.

How will I know when others depend on me unless I am willing to give at all times? 

No comments:

Post a Comment