Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day.

I bet Grams put flowers on his grave today - she does every year.
I know she gets oh so lonely lately, without him.
I can't blame her one bit. 
Some times I have dreams about him, 
and I know he's watching over me...
The fact that we weren't that close while he was here doesn't mean a thing.
He's still my guardian angel - 
I know it. 
He's told me.



Adam and I went horseback riding today
It's been years since I've gone,
but everything fell back into place the second my leg swung over that huge mass of breathing, sweating, moving, muscle and landed straight into that stirrup. 
Such a beautiful country I live in,
such a beautiful animal I spent the morning with.
I think Grandpa would have been proud. 
He is who taught me to love horses.
I miss him.
Here's to you, Grandpa Wyatt...



2 comments:

  1. what a cute post in memory of your grandpa. sweet sweet.

    you are oh so tender ms. meg! and we will miss you guys very muchly as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't horseback riding fun?! I even own horses but unfortunately don't get to go hardly at all because of school and work though : (

    ReplyDelete