Thursday, September 1, 2011

Irene? ....is that you?!

If you hadn't heard....
after stocking up on water, flashlights, batteries, canned food, and trail mix ---
we survived Hurricane Irene! 
And we didn't even lose power.

Our church was cancelled on Sunday due to the storm - and because the day before had also been spent just lounging around, tracking Irene online, we wanted to be productive on Sunday while still keeping the Sabbath holy.

Our solution?


I've been asking Adam to paint me a Nativity scene for the longest time. Here's the beginning of what I'm sure will be a beautiful portrayal of Christ's birth.


...and let that be a great lead-in to MY a-six-year-old-could-have-done-better painting:













I'm just a weee bit excited for the holidays coming up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, your painting is lovely! I love it! I am excited for the upcoming months, too! Already thinking about how to make the house look holiday festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your painting! i want one ;) i love all of September-January

    ReplyDelete
  3. your painting is great!!! :) so glad you guys were safe.

    ReplyDelete