Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Laie Temple

...is open once again.
We went to our first temple session together in the Laie, Hawaii temple tonight.
How blessed we are to be a 5 minute walk away from the House of the Lord
(and yet, we somehow manage to still be late. Gotta work on that one)
The President of our church, President Thomas S. Monson
payed us a special visit this weekend to rededicate our temple to the Lord.
It was open for 4 weeks to the public,
and any and all were invited to see this beautiful building.
Now that it is rededicated, 
only worthy members are allowed to enter,
where we learn about our lives before we came to earth,
perform ordinances for those who have gone before us without the knowledge of the gospel,
and feel the presence of the Lord close to our hearts.


Mostly, I love the temple because it means:
I get to be with my best friend forever.
My children will be born into a covenant that allows us to also be together forever.
I feel God's love for me and my husband.
I get to return service and love to my ancestors - something that would otherwise be impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment