Thursday, November 4, 2010

3 days alone.

My lovely other half is gone for the weekend :(
Off preparing for our future.
When I came home from dropping him off at the airport, I found a note on our bed, signed
I'll be home soon
and I cried. 
For just a little bit.

The National Security Administration has extended
a conditional job offer!
(meaning, pass the lie detector test, background check, psychology quizzes, and other screening,
and we will probably keep you)
Option A would mean staying in Honolulu for 2-3 more years.

Tomorrow and Friday he interviews with KPMG, an auditing company, for a 
technical advisor position.
Option B would mean moving to California. 

We are happy and blessed to have any opportunities, especially ones as significant as these.
The Lord sure loves to keep us on our toes, yeah?

But.
Either way,
I'm getting a puppy. 
For instances such as this: 
Being alone at night and needing someone to snuggle.

And since my 
head
back
and abs
(yes, I have those, under some layers)
are so incredibly S.O.R.E. 
because I cannot.
STOP.
COUGHING.

I shall be heading to bed now.

Love, love.


2 comments:

  1. Being separated is the worst.. But it's fun to be reunited :) Take care and good luck with all the exciting developments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a giant kitty you could borrow for the weekend. he needs someone to snuggle with :)

    ReplyDelete