I will be seeing my best friend tomorrow - the one who's been there for me since 7th grade. So, for the past decade. We used to do this thing where we would send each other the same questionnaire every few months, just to see if our answers would change and just to keep up to date with where each of us were in life. I couldn't, for the life of me, find the original questionnaire we used to pass back and forth but I found a similar one. And since I'm feeling nostalgic, I decided to fill it out. Just for kicks.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:40 am
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Arthur Christmas. It was the Summer Dollar Days and I took Axton while my in-laws watched Rhenner. He got scared at the very end, so we left 10 minutes before it was over.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Friends. America's Got Talent.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Homemade breakfast burrito (what I get for visiting Mom)
6. What is your middle name? Rose
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian
8. What foods do you dislike? Crunchy onions. Mushy tomatoes. Plain cauliflower.
9. Your favorite Potato chips? I really don't eat potato chips that often, but I like Salt and Vinegar and Sour Cream and Onion
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Hehe. CD. Like we still listen to those! Um, how about my favorite Pandora station? I actually really like the Children's Lullaby station. It gets mixed up with some chill jams.
11. What kind of car do you drive? MY car is a Honda Accord
12. Favorite sandwich? Chicken. As in Chick-Fil-A chicken. Or chicken salad.
13. What characteristics do you despise? Er. Um, rudeness? Tactless-ness? This is a strange question. I would much rather tell you characteristics I admire in others. And that would be courage, kindness, and faith in the face of trials.
14. What are your favorite clothes? Cute sweats and a V neck tee shirt
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it
be? Probably back to Switzerland or Germany, but this time with my husband.
16. What color are your eyes? Blue, blue blue
17. Favorite brand of clothing? The ones that fit and look good while making me feel comfortable
18. Where would you want to retire? Probably back in Hawaii
19. Favorite time of day? If I wasn't so darn tired when I woke up, it would be the mornings. My babies are happiest in the morning, so therefore I am too.
20. Where were you born? Hastings, MN
21. What is your favorite sport to watch? Probably soccer, since I know the most about it
22. Who do you think will not send this back? Gag me.
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Seriously.
24. Pepsi or Coke? Pepsi. But only once in a blue moon, on a hot summer day. With ice.
25. Beavers or Ducks? Another strange question! I honestly thought there was some sort of sexual innuendo associated with this question but I didn't want to think about it too hard so I will innocently answer ducks! Because I like feeding them bread.
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? I'm a Life person.
27. Pedicure or Manicure? Pedicure! I adore having my feet rubbed.
28. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? Um...my 7 week old slept 7 hours last night! (Not that that means I got 7 hours of sleep, since I didn't go to bed right when he did...but still, exciting!)
29. What did you want to be when you were little? It depends on how "little" we're talking here, but generally speaking....a writer.
30. What is your best childhood memory? Vacations with my family. Oh, and living on 14 acres of land and exploring it nonstop. With chickens and a dog and two barn cats. And fields and fields of strawberries.
31. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Police Cadet (yes, seriously), Coffeehouse Barista, Reading & Writing tutor, Newspaper photographer, Nanny, Freelance photographer
32. Ever been to Africa? No. And I used to want to volunteer there, really bad. But then I read this article floating around on Facebook about how skinny white girls volunteering overseas are generally more self-gratifying than actually being helpful to the locals. I figured they had a point - I could probably help orphans in Africa a lot better by donating my money to them instead of spending a week playing with the children.
33. Ever been toilet papering? No. Not even a desire.
34. Been in a car accident? Yes. It was the first and last time I ever needed stitches. Only a few, but right next to my eye. If the tree branch had been one centimeter further, I could very well be blind in that eye now.
35. Favorite day of the week? Saturday. It means Daddy is home.
36. Favorite restaurant? Squisitos has the best Italian pasta and Cannoli I have had so far.
37. Favorite flower? I don't even know. I like flowers. Good enough for me.
38. Favorite ice cream? Mint Oreo Blizzard. Or maybe MooseTracks.
39. Favorite fast food restaurant? Taco Bell. It's just a great fall-back. Even if I don't think it sounds good, the moment I put it in my mouth I'm doing alright, you know?
40. How many times did you fail your drivers test? None. And the only speeding ticket I've ever paid for was not even mine - the stupid cameras photographed another car, not mine, but I still got the ticket in the mail and I didn't feel like fighting it.
41. From whom did you get your last e-mail? Heather
42. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I would never max out my credit card -- unless I had the money in the bank to pay for it. So the question should really be, if you had an extra $5,000 where would you spend it? And the answer would probably be something like Lowe's or Home Depot so I could add some nice touches to our house.
43. Bedtime? Just as soon as I put Axton down. And then Rhenner. And then edit some photos. And then pick up from dinner. And then hang out with Adam. And then write some emails. After that, then I go to bed.
44. When was the last time you cried? Last night. Adam and I had ended our phone conversation on a bad note, and it made me sad. It's been a week since I've seen him so I am especially sensitive.
45. Last person you went to dinner with? Like, an actual sit down restaurant? My grams, my mom, and my great Aunt Merlene. But it was lunch, not dinner. And we ate at Perkins.
46. What are you listening to right now? The occasional car passing by the house, windows open and breeze coming through
47. What is your favorite color? I think it's pink. I think I like that it's soft and feminine. I find it comforting and familiar.
48. How many tattoos do you have? I have scars all over my body that are permanent reminders of the 18+ months I have carried my two children in my belly. Does that count?
49. How many people are you sending this E-mail to? Um, the whole blogosphere.
50. What time did you finish this e-mail? 11:08pm. Good grief. Go to bed, Woman.
2 years ago