Sunday, November 24, 2013

Alright, alright.... I'll tell you.

I'm pregnant.

And though I'm not ready to share the news with the world of Facebook just yet (so if you post anything on there I will probably delete it - you've been warned), I thought it would be a good, healthy step for me to at least share with my blogging friends.

Every time I came online to post something on here, I would get scared and back down. I would say, No I should wait until I'm in the 2nd trimester. Or I should wait until we find out the gender! Or I should wait until after the wedding I have booked. (And then I booked a birth session and I thought, I should definitely wait until after that) (though those things are in February and March, and by then I will be ginormous anyway).

It started to bug me, and I wondered why I wasn't willing to share the news with my friends who would be happy and excited for me, why I wasn't willing to admit that I am going to have another baby.

I figured it out, though, and that's why I'm overcoming it by sharing the news. I am afraid to admit that change is coming. I know the more people that know, the more the reality sinks in, and reality scares me. But I have to admit it:  my life isn't the same anymore.

I purposely told myself I wanted to carry on as normal - I was going to book as many sessions as I could, and I wasn't going to let this pregnancy slow me down. I've been extremely nauseous and of course absurdly tired, but still I kept going. I didn't want to have to change myself and my life. I didn't want to announce anything for fear my clients would see and think, "Oh she is going to be 6 months pregnant when she shoots our wedding. She is ill-equipped for the job. Just what was she thinking?" As I said above, I just booked a birth session, for which I am over-the-moon stoked about, and the only thing I can think about is, "I can't let them know I am pregnant before then. Let them just figure it out when they see me the day of their child's birth, by then it will be too late for them to change their mind."

This time last pregnancy, I had already packed away my regular clothes and was proudly sporting maternity gear, baggy as they were. Yet this pregnancy, I am clinging to my jeans and trying my hardest to cover any bump that may be appearing. This time, I don't want people to know.

And that bothers me.

So I'm telling you.

I am due the first week in June.

I am excited, I am. But I think, just maybe, I am also terrified.

6 comments:

  1. It took a lot longer for me to allow myself to be happy when I found I was pregnant the second time. There were so many things I was terrified of! But having two, while it has it's challenges, has been so much more rewarding than I ever could have imagined. That being said, congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! and being terrified is okay. :) You will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! I'm super excited for you! The second pregnancy is definitely harder than the first but you'll forget all about it when you see how much your two babies love each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I was coming over here to see what you were up to and found this happy surprise! I had been wondering if you were expecting. :) Glad you shared the news with the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meghan, congratulations! I know how you feel/have felt. I am pregnant with #3 right now… oh, and #4! We have announced it on Facebook, but I'm terrible at blogging (love reading blogs, just not so good at writing my own), so have yet to post anything about it on my blog… I felt the same way about this pregnancy as you have felt with yours. I was nervous for the third (even though it was definitely planned), and then we found out it was four (when I was over halfway done)… Now we're just taking it one step at a time! I know you'll love both your littles so much, just wanted to let you know you're definitely not the only one with the nervousness, etc. when another baby comes. :) Good luck with your pregnancy! You'll do great… and just because you'll be bigger with your photo sessions doesn't mean you won't still do the amazing job you always do! :)

    ReplyDelete