Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm Pregnant!

(if you haven't already heard, or guessed, as I'm sure some of you have...)

and that my friends is why I quit my job. 

My job required me getting up at 530 am to take care of Kaleo, drop Adam off at his shuttle, and then drive to work and arrive there by 7:30am, where I stayed until 4:30, sometimes later. For 9 hours I would watch 2 boys, ages 3 and 2, who both were slow in their development. This meant I couldn't understand a word the 3 year old was saying, and the 2 year old wasn't even talking. Then I would pick Adam up, and we wouldn't get home until almost 530pm. By then we'd both be so tired we ended up eating frozen pizza on paper plates most nights.

I was getting paid such a tiny amount in comparison to Adam, for such a long day and so much work, that it just wasn't even worth it anymore. What was I doing it for anyway? Something to do during the day? A way to feel like I was contributing? Yes...but it really wasn't the best way for me to go about it. 

Then, I got pregnant.
Yes, on purpose.

Walking into someone else's house, with their strange smells and strange food, and changing someone else's kids' diapers, with their strange poop that I wouldn't just be cleaning off their bums but also their walls and themselves and their carpets....
yeah....I couldn't handle it. 

I started trying to bring my own lunches to their house everyday because I could no longer stomach their food. But I was not only constantly nauseous, but also constantly starving. So when I would run out of my own food (which I always. always did.) I'd be worse off than when I started. 
But I could only handle so much of that, too.

I gave it an honest try.
I stayed for 3 solid weeks before I told them I needed to quit as soon as possible.
It was not fair to anyone that I spend my days on their couch, curled up in a ball, or in the bathroom for far too long, or sitting on their kitchen floor with my knees pulled up to my chest while the boys watched through the baby gates. 
These boys deserved - and needed - better care than that.

 The next week was my last, and by October 1st I was a free woman.
In comparison to those 3 weeks, the last 5 have been much more tolerable.
Puking in the comfort of my own home,
not cooking when I just. can't. handle. it.
Spending all day in my PJs watching movies and reading books.
Sleeping (or some form of sleeping that involves me tossing and turning and going to the bathroom and drinking more water every half hour) for 12 hours every night.

It's just what I needed.


We found out the weekend of our 2nd anniversary, so it was such a sweet surprise. We celebrated by buying our baby's first outfit - one of each, cuz you never know what you're gonna get.
(Though Adam swears he knows its a boy. Go figure.)



We loved seeing the Ultrasound a few days ago. It is absolutely insane to watch this little BaHa (Baby Harrison) doing jumping jacks and sporadic kicks and punches and karate chops and not feel a thing. 

On stomach

This profile took awhile to get. Baby kept facing away from the camera and was being stubborn, but with the nurse's prodding and my laughing, we finally got him to turn over for a bit.

Cute little nose.

 This was taken two weeks ago, at 11 weeks.
Today I am either 13 or 14 weeks, depending on which due date we listen to - the LMP or the ultrasound. I like to just settle somewhere between the two.
So now I'm 13 1/2 weeks, which makes baby's arrival date somewhere between May 3 and May 10th.

We are so excited. And can I just say it feels SO good to get it out??? 
I hated hiding out over here. Not that I've felt much like blogging the last 8 weeks (notice?)....

And we've been trying to get Kaleo excited that he won't be the only child anymore in just 6 short months

...but he just won't hear any of it

6 comments:

  1. I'm am so totally stoked for you! hey, so when I get pregnant i'm planning on (and we'll see if this actually happens) writing a journal to the baby about what it's like. How cool it is getting to know them, I dunno, whatever. I thought I'd share the idea--being a writer as you are. I'm so excited for you!! p.s. you have a very cute baby bump. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, I am so extremely excited for you guys!! You will be such wonderful parents! And please post pictures of your belly as you continue to grow. You look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are babies are going to be so close in age its awesome. I totally feel for you with weird smells (isn't leftover food/garbage/sewage smell repulsive) we need to talk and sympathize together :) So happy for you and Adam, wish we were neighbors still!! We'd have so much fun vegging out/avoiding awful smells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures. WOOO HOOO, your pregnant and I don't have to keep it a secret ANYMORE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "yes on purpose"
    everyone always wonders ha!! EXCELLENT NEWS! congratulations to you two champions. can't wait to hear all about it and see the growing belly pictures. most gorgeous prego ever = you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being pregnant is a wounder-full moment. And it makes a lady more responsible then ever before. My hearty congratulation Meg. Be care-full.

    ReplyDelete