Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chip

My kitty Chip (formerly known as Autumn) died two days ago. He did not pass from old age; there was much suffering involved, and it pains me to think that possibly I could have prevented it. Was it caused by the storm? Was it an accident? 
I'll never know. 
I was surprised at myself as the tears came...and came. And hours later, came back again. 
I was much more attached to this little guy than I thought. 

We got him when I was 10 - mom and dad surprised me with him and his brother. I would carry them both around, one in each arm, their back legs dragging to the ground. His brother was soon off on his own adventure, and I never saw him again. 
It was Chip who stuck around, and purred his way into my heart. 

I never understood pet portraits....
until now.
I've decided to do portraits of all my pets from here on out. This was the lost photo taken of Chip - just a few weeks before he died. I'm so glad I have this picture. As Dad said, I got the lost shot of him.
"Say a prayer for Chip, because he's in heaven now."

1 comment:

  1. Oh bb,

    When my kitty dies, I'll be in a state of shock. I'm glad for the adorable pictures of him and I love the animals in your life <3

    ReplyDelete