Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter in Hawaii

Rain, rain, rain. Beautiful, tinkering, splashing, wet, cold, make-me-wanna-stay-inside-and-snuggle-under-a-blanket-like-Winter-is-supposed-to-do RAIN!
 
  
  
 
....and a splash of color, once in awhile....


So, for the first 4 weeks of this new semester, I have been successful in NOT doing homework on Sundays! It is ROUGH, I will be honest. But, it certainly is nice to have this day of REST rather than fretting and worrying and procrastinating to the last minute. Sometimes I wonder if it really would be that awful if I were to read The Sound and the Fury on a Sunday, but then I remember that, as an English major, who knows what kind of stuff my teacher wants me to read? It doesn't matter that I'm at a BYU school, they still throw swearing, sex, drugs, alcohol...you know, LIFE, at us. I also remember the promise two church leaders gave us students: that if we didn't do Homework on Sundays, we would be blessed with better grades. So, I really see no point in denying myself that blessing.

Two big chances I have taken in the last two weeks!
1) I applied to the National Undergraduate Literature Conference. If my research paper gets accepted, then the school pays for all my travel costs to Weber State for a four day conference, I get to present my paper to the entire conference, and I get to hear from published authors (of whom I have never heard....).The conference is from March 31 - April 3.
2) I sent in my resume to teach English in South Korea for the year of 2011 through Access South Korea Now. That one may take a bit longer to find out about.

Adam is currently working on  his application for an internship at PIXAR during the summertime. So many fun exciting opportunities for us! We are excited to graduate and move on to our next adventure....

Pages I have read so far this semester: 1886 (not including the countless poems...)
Currently reading:
Mississippi Trial, 1955
William Butler Yeats poetry
Moll Flanders, by Daniel Defoe
Battle of The Sexes in the 1700's poetry
The Sound and The Fury, by William Faulkner
Notes From the Underground, by Dostoyevsky
Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech

No comments:

Post a Comment